Lake Mary Preparatory living
Lake Mary Preparatory School’s campus includes an expansive and fully secured dormitory located on 12 acres of land boasting room for over 100 students including separate boys and girls wings. Amenities include: game room, TV lounge, fully equipped gym, volleyball and basketball courts, soccer field, dining hall, private study rooms, technology labs, spacious dorm rooms, laundry facilities, and an in-house chef preparing two home cooked meals daily. A full-time activities coordinator provides weekend excursions and activities including trips to local theme parks, beaches, and shopping. Annual Thanksgiving and Spring Break trips are included in tuition. English tutors are provided for students twice per week and private tutoring is available upon request. Our College Counselor and Residential Academic Advisor provide one-on-one guidance to develop plans for acceptance into top choice colleges and monitor the academic progress of boarding students. A full-time Registered Nurse and Social/Emotional Counselor are on site to provide additional student support. LMP’s student body has always been diverse, and with the addition of the boarding program, our global-minded vision has flourished.
Central Florida Attractions
- Central Florida is an integration of new upscale developments, intermixed with vintage communities that offer residents a new world, old charm feel.
- The area has a plethora of shopping malls such as the upscale shopping center, The Mall at Millenia, and The Orlando International Premium Outlets.
- Entertainment venues near the residential building give students the opportunity to see their favorite musical, television, or movie stars at The Amway Center, The Bob Carr Performing Arts Centre, Orange County Convention Center, and the newly constructed, world-class performing arts destination, Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts.
- Sports fans flock to Central Florida to attend professional sporting events. The area is home to the major league basketball team, The Orlando Magic, major league soccer club, Orlando City Soccer, the Daytona 500, the Orlando Solar Bears hockey team and also home to several college sporting events.
- Residents have the luxury to visit amusement parks such as Walt Disney World, Universal Studios Orlando, and Bush Gardens year-round, including State Parks De Leon Springs, Wekiwa Springs, and Blue Springs - all famous for their natural swimming holes and scenic environments.
Every weekend, there are a variety of well-organized trips designed to provide our students with exciting opportunities to socialize and to develop friendships while exploring the various cities around them.
Things to do around Lake Mary Prep:
- Major Sporting Events: Orlando Magic (basketball), University of Central Florida (football), Orlando City Soccer Club (soccer), Orlando Solar Bears (hockey), MLB training, Nascar
- Shopping Trips: Altamonte Mall, The Mall at Millenia, The Seminole Town Center Mall, Florida Mall, Orlando International Premium Outlets, Orlando Fashion Square Mall
- Museums: Orlando Science Center, Orlando Museum of Art, Kennedy Space Center, Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition, Leu House Museum, Orange County, Regional History Center, The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art
- Zoos: Harry P. Leu Gardens, Central Florida Zoo, and Botanical, Brevard Zoo
- State Parks: Wekiwa Springs, Blue Springs, De Leon Springs, Gemini Springs, Silver Springs
- Shows, Concerts, and Broadway Plays at the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, Walt Disney Theater, The Bob Carr Performing Arts Centre, Amway Center
- Adventure Sports: Go-Kart Racing, Sky Diving, Kayaking, Paddle Boarding
- Beach Trips: New Smyrna Beach, Daytona Beach, South Beach.
- Amusement Parks: Disney, Islands of Adventure, Universal Studios, Busch Gardens, Sea World, Wet and Wild, The Holy Land Experience, Fun Spot, Old Town USA
- Gaming Trips: Dave and Busters, Battle Ground Laser Tag, Mini-Golf, Bowling, Roller-Skating, Ice-Skating
- Professional Development: Orange County Convention Center, Daytona Beach Ocean Center
- Local Flair: Main Street DeLand, Park Avenue Winter Park, Downtown Mount Dora, College Park, Celebration, Altamonte Springs Uptown