At Lake Mary Preparatory School, the school nurse is authorized to make medical referrals for illnesses or injuries that occur during school hours only. For illnesses or injuries that occur away from school, please contact your physician for medical assistance. The school nurse cannot make a medical diagnosis.
LMP complies with Florida State Statutes which require proof of a school entry health physical and proof of immunization (or exemption of), prior to the first day of school.
Please submit school entry health physical and proof of immunization forms to our School Registrar at email@example.com.
- Provides nursing care for injuries and illnesses which occur during school hours.
- Administers physician-prescribed and over-the-counter medications provided by parents during school hours
- Provides care for students with diabetes, asthma, severe allergies, seizures and other special health concerns.
- Monitors student medical records for compliance with state law and school policy.
- Serves as a liaison between students, parents, teachers, administrators and health care providers.
ADDITIONAL CLINIC FORMS:
- Medication Authorization *Required for all over-the-counter and prescribed medications administered during the school-day.
- Asthma Medication Authorization
- Seizure Action Plan
- Food Allergy Plan
- Diabetic Order
- Diabetic Student Contract
Please submit forms listed above to our School Nurse, Gayla Rice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The clinic is located in the Lower School building, and is open during school hours Monday through Friday.